Ok, so most of you have seen the majority of my powder room though my posts on my herringbone floor and on my brushstrokes art. But I just finally finished my window treatment and I figured it was time to get the whole room and some sources up on the blog.
Here is a list of the steps/work we did on the Powder Room Remodel. The whole room was completed on a very tight budget (and time line), so my dad and I did everything ourselves – we were the demo, the contractors, the plumbers and the electricians!
**Where possible I added links to some of the products we purchased…just in case anyone wants to close and personal with some of the items.
- Removed wall paper (just used fabric softener and it pealed off, I got lucky!)
- Primed the room – Zinnser 123 latex Primer(previous owners used oil paint)
- Painted Every Inch – Top Half; Hale Navy Benjamin Moore. Bottom Half; Mountain Peak Benjamin Moore
- Demoed everything – and kept nothing – it felt so good
- Added new sub flooring
- Tiled floor – read about it here
- Installed a new toilet
- Installed a new shaker cabinet & granite counter tops (purchased from Pius in Sodo)
- Pluming – a few minor adjustments to the alignment of pipes and my Dad rocked this one out.
- Installed new faucet & drain, (I drank a beer while Dad did the hard work)
- mirror, towel rack and toilet paper holder
- new light fixture (found marked down at Seattle Light, installed by yours truly)
- Monogrammed Hand Towels
- New Window treatment – DIY (post on this will be up tomorrow!)
- Lovely Air Plant Basket
- Art by Liz McDonald
Well I hope you enjoy this room as much as I do. My Dad and I worked HARD on this project. We definitely bite off a lot, but we nailed it and every time I step in there I just get so happy. Happy because I love how it looks, Happy I saved major Benjamins making this a DIY project and happy I got to spend so much time with my Dad!
One final shot, Now Put a Fork in It this room is DONE! Boomshakalaka!!!